Implement Criteo Tags with Shopify via GTM
Without a single line of code and done in minutes, Elevar helps you implement all of your Criteo tags required for Shopify through Google Tag Manager using the most up-to-date requirements from each platform.
Plus – these templates come with built-in monitoring so you’re the first to know when a tag breaks and risks impacting your campaigns.
This integration supports all of the base tags included with your Criteo OneTag implementation instructions.
Criteo is an all-in-one self-service platform for buying retail media at scale. When implementing product tagging on your website, dynamic ads leverage your product catalog and what’s in-stock to create personalized recommendations for each shopper. The ads automatically adapt based on each customer’s interests and how close they are to purchasing. Learn more about Criteo Ads here.
- Available for Elevar Error Monitoring: Yes
- Require Google Tag Manager Data Layer: Yes
- Is Google Tag Manager Template Customizable: Yes
- Criteo Chrome Extension: Not available
- Implementation Skill Level: Medium
Events Included in Template
- Loader File
- Listing Page
- Product View
- Add to Cart
- Initiate Checkout
User Properties Included in Template
- Email (for enhanced matching)
- Customer ID
If you have an Elevar account already, go to your Pre-Built Tags and download the Snapchat container shown here:
Download Criteo GTM Tag Recipe for Shopify
Your free Elevar account will give you access to Criteo and 30+ pre-built marketing tags to quickly import into your GTM account.
Steps To Implement Criteo Tags with Shopify
Follow these steps to get your tag tracking in no time:
- Ensure you have a data layer implemented on your store that pushes Shopify data (like product SKU, revenue) into the data layer *
- Download the container and import into your GTM account
- Go to the variable named UPDATE – Criteo ID and update this value to match your Criteo tag ID
- Put GTM into preview mode
- Go through each event you’ve implemented from the table above and verify the tag fires as expected.
- Once verified then publish
- Send to your Criteo account rep to validate
*If you don’t have one yet, install the GTM Suite from app store which implements complete data layer in 1 click.
- If you utilize third party payments like ReCharge, Carthook, or Bold then ensure you have the dataLayer implemented on these apps as well
- Ensure you have the same primary product ID in your catalog uploaded to Criteo that matches the product ID assigned in the tags.