Implement Outbrain Pixel with Shopify via GTM
Without a single line of code and done in minutes, Elevar helps you implement all of your Outbrain pixel and conversion events to Shopify through Google Tag Manager using the most up-to-date requirements from each platform.
Plus – these templates come with built-in monitoring so you’re the first to know when a pixel breaks and risks impacting your campaigns.
This integration supports all of the remarketing and audience options available with your Outbrain Advertising.
About Outbrain Pixel
Outbrain helps brands and agencies connect with one-third of the world’s consumers engaging with content on the open web. You may know Outbrain for being leaders in native advertising. As a Shopify store you are able to utilize Outbrain as a marketing channel as well. Learn more about Outbrain Advertising here.
- Available for Elevar Error Monitoring: Yes
- Require Google Tag Manager Data Layer: Yes
- Is Google Tag Manager Template Customizable: Yes
- Outbrain Chrome Extension: Download and install here
- Implementation Skill Level: Beginner
Events Included in Template
- Page Visit/Global pixel
- Add to Cart
- Checkout Intent
User Properties Included in Template
- None (not applicable to Outbrain)
If you have an Elevar account already, go to your Pre-Built Tags and download the Outbrain container shown here:
Download Outbrain GTM Tag Recipe for Shopify
Your free Elevar account will give you access to Outbrain and 30+ pre-built marketing tags to quickly import into your GTM account.
Steps To Implement Outbrain Pixel with Shopify
Follow these steps to get your pixel tracking in no time:
- Ensure you have a data layer implemented on your store that pushes Shopify data (like product SKU, revenue) into the data layer *
- Download the container and import into your GTM account
- Go to the variable named 00 – UPDATE AFTER IMPORT – Outbrain ID and update this value to match your Outbrain pixel ID**
- Put GTM into preview mode
- Go through each event you’ve implemented from the table above and verify the pixel fires as expected using the Outbrain Pixel Helper Chrome Extension
- Once verified then publish
*If you don’t have one yet, install the GTM Suite from app store which implements complete data layer in 1 click.
**You can find your Marketer Id on the Amplify Dashboard. It’s the alphanumeric chain that appears in the URL when you are viewing your dashboard. You can also locate it via the Pixel code. Navigate to the Conversions page and click on the “View Outbrain Pixel” button. Then you can copy your Marketer Id from the code snippet (It is a string of numbers and letters named “OB_ADV_ID”)
- Do you have multiple checkout thank you pages – like ReCharge, CartHook, or others? If so then be sure you add the dataLayer and triggers to account for these as well.
- Be sure to double check your custom conversions configured inside of Outbrain match the conversion names inside the tags.