Implement Snapchat Pixel with Shopify via GTM
Without a single line of code and done in minutes, Elevar helps you implement all of your Snapchat pixel events to Shopify through Google Tag Manager using the most up-to-date requirements from each platform.
Plus – these templates come with built-in monitoring so you’re the first to know when a tag breaks and risks impacting your campaigns.
This integration supports all of the remarketing and audience options available with your Snapchat Advertising.
About Snapchat Tag
Snapchat ads are great for getting your brand and products in front of Snapchat users. Millions of people use Snapchat daily to connect with their friends. Help them discover your business with Snapchat Ads. Learn more about Snapchat Ads here.
- Available for Elevar Error Monitoring: Yes
- Require Google Tag Manager Data Layer: Yes
- Is Google Tag Manager Template Customizable: Yes
- Snapchat Chrome Extension: Download and install here
- Implementation Skill Level: Beginner
Events Included in Template
- Page View
- View Content
- Add to Cart
- Sign Up
User Properties Included in Template
- Email (for enhanced matching)
If you have an Elevar account already, go to your Pre-Built Tags and download the Snapchat container shown here:
Download Snapchat GTM Tag Recipe for Shopify
Your free Elevar account will give you access to Snapchat and 30+ pre-built marketing tags to quickly import into your GTM account.
Steps To Implement Snapchat Pixel with Shopify
Follow these steps to get your pixel tracking in no time:
- Ensure you have a data layer implemented on your store that pushes Shopify data (like product SKU, revenue) into the data layer *
- Download the container and import into your GTM account
- Go to the variable named 00 – UPDATE AFTER IMPORT – Snapchat ID and update this value to match your Snapchat pixel ID
- Put GTM into preview mode
- Go through each event you’ve implemented from the table above and verify the pixel fires as expected using the Snapchat Pixel Helper Chrome Extension
- Once verified then publish
*If you don’t have one yet, install the GTM Suite from app store which implements complete data layer in 1 click.
- You might receive an error in the Chrome Extension that you are missing an enhanced email match. Unless your user is logged in or on the checkout thank you page then you will not have this data to pass.
- If you are running product remarketing then ensure you have the same primary product ID in your Snapchat catalog that matches the product ID assigned in the tags.