Implement Twitter Pixel with Shopify via GTM
Without a single line of code and done in minutes, Elevar helps you implement all of your Twitter pixel events to Shopify through Google Tag Manager using the most up-to-date requirements from each platform.
Plus – these templates come with built-in monitoring so you’re the first to know when a pixel breaks and risks impacting your campaigns.
This integration supports all of the remarketing and audience standard options available with your Twitter Advertising.
Twitter is the #1 platform for discovery. Connect to the most valuable and receptive conversations and audiences with a Twitter Ads campaign. Learn more about Twitter Ads here.
- Available for Elevar Error Monitoring: Yes
- Require Google Tag Manager Data Layer: Yes
- Is Google Tag Manager Template Customizable: Yes
- Twitter Chrome Extension: Download and install here
- Implementation Skill Level: Beginner
Events Included in Template
- Universal Tag
- View Content (product pageview)
- Add to Cart
- Initiate Checkout
User Properties Included in Template
Download Container (coming soon!)
If you have an Elevar account already, go to your Pre-Built Tags and download the Snapchat container shown here:
Download Twitter Pixel GTM Recipe for Shopify
Your free Elevar account will give you access to Twitter and 30+ pre-built marketing tags to quickly import into your GTM account.
Steps To Implement Twitter Pixel with Shopify
Follow these steps to get your pixel tracking in no time:
- Ensure you have a data layer implemented on your store that pushes Shopify data (like product SKU, revenue) into the data layer *
- Download the container and import into your GTM account
- Go to the variable named 00 – UPDATE AFTER IMPORT – Twitter ID and update this value to match your Twitter pixel ID
- Put GTM into preview mode
- Go through each event you’ve implemented from the table above and verify the pixel fires as expected using the Twitter Pixel Helper Chrome Extension
- Once verified then publish
*If you don’t have one yet, install the GTM Suite from app store which implements complete data layer in 1 click.
- If you have multiple checkouts (like ReCharge, Bold, etc) then be sure the dataLayer is implemented on these checkout thank you pages as well.
- If you are running dynamic product remarketing then ensure you have the same primary product ID in your catalog that matches the product ID assigned in the PageVisit pixel.