Implement Impact Radius Tracking with Shopify via GTM
Without a single line of code and done in minutes, Elevar helps you implement your Impact Radius pageview, identify, and conversion tracking for Shopify through Google Tag Manager.
Plus – these templates come with built-in error monitoring so you’re the first to know when a tag breaks and risks impacting your campaigns.
This integration supports all the standard implementation used for Impact Radius and Shopify.
About Impact Radius
Impact is partnership and affiliate management program used by thousands of eCommerce businesses.
- Available for Elevar Error Monitoring: Yes
- Require Google Tag Manager Data Layer: Yes
- Is Google Tag Manager Template Customizable: Yes
- Implementation Skill Level: Beginner
Events Included in Template
- Impact ClickID query parameter storage
- Base Tag
- Identify Tag
- Purchase Conversion
User Properties Included in Template
- Affiliate ClickID
- Customer Status
- Promo Code
- Order ID
- Discount Amount
- Line Items
If you have an Elevar account already, go to your Pre-Built Tags and download the Impact container shown here:
Download Impact Radius GTM Tags for Shopify
Click to download this container to import into your own GTM Account.
Steps To Implement Impact Radius with Shopify
Follow these steps to get your pixel tracking in no time:
- Ensure you have a data layer implemented on your store that pushes Shopify data (like product SKU, revenue) into the data layer*
- Update your Base Tag ID and Conversion Tag ID in the tag settings. These are provided in your onboarding instructions from your Impact account manager.
- Download the container and import into your GTM account
- Verify your base and conversion tag IDs are accurate. Then Put GTM into preview mode
- Go through each event you’ve implemented from the table above and verify the tag fires as expected.
- Once verified then publish
*If you don’t have data layer yet, install the GTM Suite from app store which implements complete data layer in 1 click.
- The click ID parameter is not accessible on the thank you page. This can happy when using a third party checkout besides native Shopify.
- Email parameter is undefined when sent to Impact. Impact prefers not to receive null values for parameters.