Safe Harbor Certification
In light of the international nature of our business, Elevar complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Elevar has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. For more information about the Safe Harbor program, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor.
What Personally Identifiable Information is collected?
Elevar collects data, such as name, address, e-mail address, fax and telephone numbers, employer and credit card information (collectively, “Personally Identifiable Information”), from you, through the registration forms on the Elevar Sales Site. Elevar may keep a record of any correspondence with you until it is no longer necessary. Elevar may retain copies of all information that you provide through the Site, both during your use of the Site and any services available through the Site and after termination or expiration of such use. Elevar may also ask you to complete surveys for research purposes and may keep a copy of your responses. Please note that you are not obliged to respond to such surveys.
Are Cookies and Log files used?
Uses made of Personally Identifiable Information
Elevar may use information collected from you for the following purposes:
- For direct marketing campaigns, as permitted by law; Elevar will give you the option to opt out of each commercial email communication that it sends to you;
- To provide you with information and services that you request from Elevar or which Elevar feels may interest you, where you have consented for such purposes;
- To customize the Site to your preferences;
- To provide you with services available through the Site, for which you register;
- To develop new features of the Site and services available through the Site, and for testing and other development purposes that do not involve disclosure to third parties;
- To carry out Elevar’ obligations under any contracts with you;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the Site, when you choose to do so;
- To notify you about the changes to the Site or any services available through the Site, including new product announcements, and;
- To conduct internal administration of Elevar’s business.
Does Elevar disclose Personally Identifiable Information to Third Parties?
- In the event that Elevar sells or buys any business or assets, in which case Elevar may disclose your Personally Identifiable Information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If Elevar or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personally Identifiable Information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- If Elevar is under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation;
- To protect the rights, property or safety of Elevar or its customers, which includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Elevar may use all Dashboard Usage Data, including that which is specific to User, and the Business Data for the purpose of creating aggregated and anonymized statistics on the Elevar customer base (the “Aggregate Data”). Elevar shall be the sole owner of the Aggregate Data and, notwithstanding anything to the contrary, shall be free to use and disclose the Aggregate Data at its discretion. Aggregate Data shall not include the User’s Business Data unless it has first been aggregated with data belonging to other Elevar clients, shall not identify User as the source of any specific piece of data, and shall not include any Personally Identifiable Information or data specific to any individual identified in User’s Business Data.
Securing your personal data
Elevar takes reasonable steps to protect your Personally Identifiable Information as you transmit such information from your computer to the Site, and to protect such information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. You should keep in mind, however, that no internet transmission is 100% secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Site may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to the Site via e-mail or other electronic means. Where Elevar has given you a username and/or password which enables you to access certain parts of the Elevar website, you are responsible for keeping such username and/or password confidential.
Links to Third Party Sites
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to external websites. Elevar encourages you to review the privacy and security policies of any externally linked websites that may be accessed through the Site. Elevar assumes no responsibility or liability for the information, collection and disclosure practices of any external websites that a User can access through the Site. Please check the privacy policies of these external websites before you submit any Personally Identifiable Information or other information to them.
Can I change my information?
To keep your Personally Identifiable Information accurate, current and complete, please contact us via the email address on the About Us page. Elevar shall use commercially reasonable efforts to respond to your data access request within 30 days of receiving your request. If Elevar is unable to respond to your request within such period Elevar shall use commercially reasonable efforts to notify you of the reason why Elevar is so unable. Should you choose to unsubscribe from any mailing lists for which you registered, you may do so by following the instructions on how to unsubscribe provided in all Elevar communications.
Important Notice to Non-U.S. Residents
If you have any queries about the privacy statement or to report a privacy issue, please contact us on our contact page.