Implement Bing Conversion Tracking with Shopify via GTM
Without a single line of code and done in minutes, Elevar helps you implement all of your Bing pixel and conversion tracking to Shopify through Google Tag Manager using the most up-to-date requirements from each platform.
Plus – these templates come with built-in monitoring so you’re the first to know when a pixel breaks and risks impacting your campaigns.
This integration supports all of the remarketing and audience options available with your Bing Advertising.
Use Bing tools to help manage your campaigns and meet your advertising goals. Whether that is working with a fixed budget or trying to hit a cost per acquisition or action, Microsoft Advertising gives you the control to make that happen. Learn more about Bing Ads here.
- Available for Elevar Error Monitoring: Yes
- Require Google Tag Manager Data Layer: Yes
- Is Google Tag Manager Template Customizable: Yes
- Bing Chrome Extension: None available
- Implementation Skill Level: Beginner
Events Included in Template
- Sitewide Base Tag
User Properties Included in Template
- Email (for enhanced matching)
If you have an Elevar account already, go to your Pre-Built Tags and download the Bing container shown here:
Download Bing GTM Tag Recipe for Shopify
Your free Elevar account will give you access to Bing and 30+ pre-built marketing tags to quickly import into your GTM account.
Steps To Implement Bing Pixel with Shopify
Bing Conversion tracking can be tricky. Please follow these two steps within your Bing Account when creating the custom conversion:
Step 1: Choose “Event” as type of conversion
Step 2: Enter these exact event action and event category names shown in screenshot
Then follow these steps to get your pixel tracking in no time:
- Ensure you have a data layer implemented on your store that pushes Shopify data (like product SKU, revenue) into the data layer *
- Download the container and import into your GTM account
- Go to the variable named 00 – UPDATE AFTER IMPORT – Bing ID and update this value to match your Bing pixel ID
- Put GTM into preview mode
- Go through each event you’ve implemented from the table above and verify the pixel fires as expected within GTM preview mode
- Once verified then publish
*If you don’t have one yet, install the GTM Suite from app store which implements complete data layer in 1 click.
- $0 or $1 conversion value showing inside of your Bing Account
- Missing conversions from 3rd party purchase systems like ReCharge, Bold, etc. Be sure the dataLayer is implemented in these apps as well